- Concert Links (order forms, flyers, rehearsal links, translations, maps when available)
- Download Lassus’s Musica Dei Donum optimi for printing
- Download Palestrina’s Magnificat for printing
- Registration: Register, Pay Tuition and Buy Music for Fall 2017.
- Preferred Process: Online Registration and Payment (use credit card or just mail in check)
- Manual Process: Print Registration form and mail it in with your check
- Register in Person
- Sunday Sept. 3rd, 7:30PM, First United Methodist Church (aka the Butterfly Church), Pacific Grove
- Monday Sept. 4th (Labor Day), Westminster Presbyterian Church, San Jose, 6:30-8:00PM
- Monday Sept. 11, West.Pres. San Jose, at the end of our first rehearsal
- Monday Sept. 18, West.Pres. San Jose, at the end of rehearsal
- How to Audition
- Concert Dress information for all members
- Weekly Announcements
- Join Member Email Groups
- Email Use Policy
- Current Member Rosters and Board Minutes
- Access for Board Members (Restricted)
Location: Westminster Presbyterian Church
Rehearsal and Concert Links
(order forms, flyers, rehearsal links, translations when available)
Ticket Order Forms:
Rehearsal Practice Links, Notes, Translations:
- Click here for the Vaughan WIlliams Hodie Songlearning practice links
- Click here for the Messiah Songlearning practice links
MESSIAH CHORUSES & ARIASHere are the choruses, arias and recitatives we sing at YSIM:
- Part One: Numbers 1 – 21
- Part Two: Numbers 24, 25, 26, 33, 40, 42, 43, 44
- Part Three: Numbers 45, 46, 47, 48, 53
- Reprise of #44, Hallelujah Chorus
- Click here for the Milton Poem Leroy mentioned: Hymn on the Morning of Christ’s Nativity
Additional Important dates
Monday, November 27th, 7PM – Rehearsal with orchestra, Worner Hall, Church of the Ascension, Saratoga
Friday, December 1st, 7PM – Dress rehearsal at St. Andrew’s, Saratoga
Saturday, December 2nd, 7:30PM – Hodie performance, St. Andrew’s, Saratoga, Call time: TBA
Monday, December 4th, 7:30PM – You-Sing-It Messiah, California Theatre, San Jose
Friday, December 15th at 7:30PM – Season of Hope, Saint Francis Xavier Church, Seaside
Monday, December 18th, 7:30PM – Season of Hope, St. Joseph Basilica, San Jose
Concert Dress Information
There are two major communication tools used by the choir:
- Each week, the Office Manager sends out a comprehensive email outlining the schedule for the coming week and information about upcoming events. If you are not receiving this email, please contact the Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members may join and use the Yahoo Groups to send ad hoc emails to the choir. These emails are reviewed and approved before they are sent to the group.
There are a total of six Yahoo Groups that you can join: General choir, Bass, Alto, Soprano, Tenor and Monterey Chapter.
To join a group:
You can request to join the groups by sending an email to the corresponding group. If you click on the link, it will automatically open your mail program with the correct address. Please tell us why you want to join like: “New Member”.
If the click does not work, copy the address directly to your email.
General Choir: email@example.com
Monterey Chapter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Use Policy
The use of email@example.com as a choir-wide communication tool is to be as follows:
- Information items will be relevant to our musical mission
- Must come from a choir member
- Will be of interest to a majority of choir members
Items deemed acceptable include opportunities to participate in musical events; items deemed unacceptable include commercial, religious, or political marketing. Submissions will be reviewed and approved before being disseminated.
Sectional groups( sjsc-alto, sjsc-soprano, sjsc-tenor, sjsc-bass)
These are to be for the use of communication important to a section; for example, the announcement of sectional rehearsals. See above on how to subscribe.
Any information that is critical to the Choir members will be provided by the weekly announcement submitted by the Office Manager. This is completely separate from the yahoo groups.
How to submit
Members wishing to have items included in the announcements must submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org This includes so called “sunshine” announcements and other important announcements.
1100 Shasta Avenue, San Jose 95126 408-995-3318
For a free subscription to our Concert and Ticket announcements click here